- Today's Deal
- Continuing Education Courses by Topic
- On-Demand Continuing Education Courses
- Get CE for Books You Have
- Free CE!
|LIMITED TIME! 20% off orders over $259. Use coupon code 20off.|
|CPE and Testing Questions|
|Are all your CE courses approved for RD/RDNs and DTRs?|
Yes. Skelly Skills is accredited as a continuing education provider by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); therefore, ALL our CE courses are automatically approved for continuing education for RD/RDNs and DTRs.
|Can I save the exam or do I have to complete it all in one sitting?|
You can save and restart the exam multiple times. Make sure to click the 'next' button at the bottom of the page and it will save all your work thus far. When you log back in, it will take you back to the page of the exam where you left off.
|How do I get my Certificate of Completion for your 1-hour CE webinars?|
This depends on what type of course you completed:
|How do I login to do my CE exam testing?|
The instructions are on the first page of the CE Evaluation booklet PDF you received (Note: they are sometimes located in the back of your CE book if it was published by Skelly Skills).
1. Please go to our testing website: https://skellyskills.onlinetests.app/Assess.aspx
2. Assessment ID: [insert here]
|How does all of this work?|
|Ok, here's the big picture!
1. Skelly Skills offers two types of Continuing Education (CE) (Some of you call this Continuing Professional Development--CPD--same thing!) The two types of CE we offer are: 1. self-study CE courses and 2. CE webinars. For each of these types of CE, we offer Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs--some of you called these CEUs, clock hours or CPD hours. Same thing!)
2. The only reason #1 matters is because of the CE exam--our self-study CE courses all include a CE exam. This is important for some of you because you need assessable CPD hours, or you *may* be limited by the number of self-study hours you can accumulate. Our CE webinars do not include a CE exam (though there are a few exceptions--mainly the ones that include with multiple webinars.)
3. For our self-study courses, you need to complete the CE exam at our online testing system. It's easy and you'll get your CE Certificate of Completion as soon as you pass the course. For our CE webinars, there is no CE exam, once you attend (live or recorded) and complete the Feedback Survey, you'll immediately get your CE Certificate of Completion.
So, these are the steps:
Step 1...Visit Skelly Skills and choose the topic and book you want to study. The number of CPEUs/assessable CPD hours are shown--usually between 12-25 hrs. (Note to international customers: you can change the currency if you need to in the upper right corner!)
Step 2...Pay online--you'll get virtual courses immediately or else you'll receive the book in the mail along with the CE exam booklet (we call this a 'CE Evaluation').
Step 3. Read the book and complete the CE Evaluation (training package) as you go along. Once you have finished, complete the exam online (the same questions you answered in the CE Evaluation.
That 's it! Once you have passed your exam, you'll receive a PDF certificate of completion which includes the number of CPEUs/CEUs/assessable CPD hours.
|How many times can I take the exam?|
You can take the exam multiple times without penalty until you pass. Once you pass, you'll receive your CE Certificate of Completion immediately via email.
|I canít access your free CE articles/webinars listed on your website. How do I do this?|
A pop-up should appear automatically on the product page for all of our free CE webinars and article. If it doesnít appear, this means your browser settings do not allow pop-ups and/or are preventing this pop-up from appearing for some other reason. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info: 1. the name of the free CE webinar and/or article you would like to have access to and 2. the email where you would like us to send the CE webinar and/or article. We will typically respond within 24 hours during normal business days.
|What are the CDR's guidelines on rollover of CPEUs?|
The Commission on Dietetic Registration allows RD/RDNs to rollover 15 CPEUs per 5 year reporting period, and DTRs to rollover 10 CPEUs. **The guidelines for doing so are very specific and must be followed. For more information on the guidelines on rollover CPEUs, please go here: http://www.cdrnet.org/pdp-cpeu-rollover
|What score must I get to pass and receive my CE Certificate?|
1. you must get at least 70% of questions correct to pass the exam.
2. if you do not, the system will show you ONLY the questions you got incorrect on the next pass. **You must then answer 70% of THOSE questions correctly to pass the exam. This is true EACH time you don't get 70%--the system will show you only the questions you answered incorrectly, and you must get 70% on THAT subsequent attempt to 'pass' the exam.
|How do I get my CPEU/CEUs when I purchase a Skelly Skills CE course?|
|Skelly Skills uses an online testing system (located at www.skellyed.com). Each CE course you purchase will include information on how to access and use our online testing system, as well as the CE exam questions you'll need to answer.
Once you're ready to get your CPEU/CEUs, simply log onto our testing site (at www.skellyed.com), and follow the directions to create an account. Once you create your account, you'll need do the following three things:
1. complete and submit the online CE exam
2. complete and submit the online Feedback Survey and Reporting Form
3. download and save your CE Certificate of Completion (which you can access immediately after you've completed #1 and #2 above) for your records
That's it! Happy learning!
|How long do I have to complete a CE course?|
|The expiration date of each course is listed on the product page. Check there to learn when the course expires. Each Skelly Skills CE course is initially approved for 3 years from date of course release. After that time, we will review the course for possible extension. If we end up extending the course, we will update the expiration date for that particular course on the product page. You can always check back there for the current course expiration date.|
|Where can I find the suggested Learning Needs Codes, Performance Indicators and levels for a CE course?|
|On each CE course main page, scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the section titled "Performance Indicators and Learning Needs Codes", you will find this information for that course.
**Please keep in mind: these are SUGGESTED Performance Indicators (PIs) and Learning Needs Codes (LNCs) only. CDR allows you to apply ANY PI or LNC to a given course if you believe it applies. For Suggested Learning Level, next to the 'Performance Indicators and Learning Needs Codes' tab, there is another tab titled 'Continuing Education Specifics'. Click this tab to see the suggested learning level for this course. Please be aware the same guidelines apply as do for PI's and LNCs--you can apply any learning level to a given course that you feel applies.
|Can I use Skelly Skills CE courses toward my Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES--formerly CDE) continuing education recertification requirements?|
Yes. The Certification Board for Diabetes Care and Education--the CBDCE (formerly the NCBDE)--which certifies CDCESs (formerly CDEs) states that any CPE provider accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) is a Recognized Continuing Education Provider for CDCESs. Skelly Skills is accredited as a CPE provider by CDR; therefore, we are automatically approved to provide continuing education to CDCESs.
Further, the CBDCE states "All CDCESs who select renewal of certification by continuing education will engage in a personal assessment to identify professional needs and participate in appropriate activities that are inclusive of the Examination Content Outline in the current Handbook." For more information on how to renew your CDCES by continuing education, please click here.