(On-Demand Webinar). Don't miss this interview with chef-author Jenn Louis, author of The Book of Greens: A Cook's Compendium (15 CPEU/CEU). Jenn will discuss nutritional and culinary considerations when selecting greens, and provide advice on helping your clients enjoy a wider variety of greens. Plus, an easy and nutritious greens recipe from her book is provided for free and discussed.
Jenn is executive chef and owner of the acclaimed Portland, Oregon restaurant Lincoln. In 2012, Jenn was recognizes as a Best New Chef by Food & Wine magazine. She is a two-time semifinalist for the James Beard Award for Best Chef: Northwest and she competed on season five of Bravo’s Top Chef Masters. Her first cookbook, Pasta By Hand (March 24, 2015; Chronicle Books), received an IACP nomination in the single subject category.
Here are the learning objectives:
1. Describe the four main types of greens and an appropriate preparation method for each
2. State three ways to maximize freshness and flavor when selecting and storing greens
3. List two ways greens have traditionally been used for medicinal purposes
4. State two dressing flavor profiles appropriate for a given green.
5. Describe how to prepare a seasonal greens dish for fall
1 Hour. 1 CPEU/CEU. Must watch by 11/7/20. Need more CPEUs? Buy five 1-CPEU webinars and save 30% with our Webinar 5 Pack: https://www.skellyskills.com/product_p/web5pack.htm